Following our previous posting on this, we have some information:
– the county was allocating money to schools from the Dedicated Schools Grant budget based on number of pupils
– the county was using an erroneous figure for the number of pupils which was larger than it should have been
– this error was flagged up to the County Council on Thursday 13th April (late afternoon)
– the result was that schools has been under the impression that they had a larger budget than they should have had – Stephen Castle has stated that this amounted to 0.6% of the budget
– all schools have now been informed of the error and were told last week by how much their budget is out
Any comments on this would be welcome, even anonymously. How much of a problem is this?