The latest Conservative leaflet says:
“WHAT COULD YOU DO WITH ?70,000.00″ ? That is what Linda Kendall has cost us the tax payer for taking Rochford District Council to the High Court! Just think what these funds could be spent on.”
Our answer is :
- The council’s Core Strategy cost more than ?2,000,000.00 of public money – about 30 times what Linda Kendall’s court case has cost the council !
- For that amount you expect a MUCH better plan.
- The Conservatives really should have listened to the public more, and should have listened to the Lib Dem and Independent councillors more.
- Instead they relied on their massive majority in the council chamber to force things through.
- When you can’t get satisfaction in the political arena, one recourse is to try the legal arena, and that’s what Linda Kendall did.
- She lost, but there was evidently a case for the council to answer-? to quote the? judge in paragraph 83 of his judgement “I can see some force in those submissions”
– the onlineFOCUS team – Chris Black, Ron Oatham, Bruce Smart, Chris Stanley