Last Updated on
We came across this thought-provoking article from the BBC today discussing how you could’ve had possibly already bought your last car! With ‘transport as a service’ being mooted as the future, would mean car ownership would be off the cards and we’d all be travelling around by autonomous taxis. Many will cast these ideas aside as fiction and fantasy, but who would believe we’d be reading this on our smartphones instead of a printed version. It’s not that long ago when mobile phones became ‘mainstream’ or the car replaced the horse.
What will it mean for us locally? Here are just a few thoughts
- The number of vehicles on our roads will plummet
- Reduction in pollution as EV take over from petrol and diesel
- Car parks won’t be required in town centres
- No more tipping the takeaway driver
- Loss of a BIG revenue earner for local councils (car parks)
This could all become a reality sooner than you think.