The District Council doesn’t have many meetings in August, but it does have a meeting on the 23rd that will discuss five planning applications. Some of them have been rather controversial but all five are recommended for approval by council officers::
1) Re-instatement of a gate to the entrance of the private road at The Bailey, Rayleigh, Essex. The gate will be, exclusively, on private land. The dimensions of the gate are 4.34m wide and a maximum height of 1.98m. The gate will be constructed of iron, painted black.
2) Convert an existing off licence and flat into 4 Self Contained Flats – at 4A And 4 East Street Rochford .
3) Construct four houses in Cheapside West , to the west of Boston Avenue , Rayleigh
4) Demolish Existing Dwellings at 8 Weir Gardens Rayleigh and replace with a three storey building containing 14 Flats.
5) Alterations to the already approved Asda store in Rawreth Lane, Rayleigh,
The full council reports on these applications can be downloaded here.