Thanks to Rawreth Parish Council, we now have a link to the new 3/3a bus service that will run along Rawreth Lane from December 3rd. Click here and you should be able to see it. (If not, please leave a comment and let us know)
UPDATE ON FRIDAY – The Echo has a story today on how a cashflow problem could stop the service by February.
We have already asked the District Council (last week) if something can be done to help with this.
A BUS operator claims routes are at risk unless a funding crisis surrounding concessionary fares is resolved.
Regal Busways has committed to running a new service from Southend to Chelmsford from December, but says its future operation is uncertain.
Managing director Adrian McGarry said many services were effectively running at a loss when operators take passengers aged over 60 who have a bus pass for free concessionary travel.
Mr McGarry says councils are supposed to reimburse the fares, but funding has not yet been received from district councils.
At present Regal are only able to commit the new route until February because of the funding situation.
Mr McGarry claimed his company, based in Great Wakering, is owed thousands of pounds, despite recently stepping in to help communities who have lost access to bus services…..
WE HOPE SOMEONE FROM THE PUBLIC WILL ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THIS AT THE WEST AREA COMMITTEE NEXT WEEK!