Reporting Something To County Highways




We had an email recently from one of our readers in Sweyne Park ward:


I have used the online reporting system from Essex County Council below to report a couple of potholes, the first was at the top of the High Street Rayleigh, and was fixed quite quickly as it was a main route.

The next one was near the school in Uplands Park Road and I reported it first thing Monday & drove past Tuesday Afternoon and it looked as though it has been temporary filled. Not bad response times.

This County Council webpage allows you to report various types of problems:

Bus shelter damage
Damage to or other grass verge problems
Damaged or incorrect signs
Drainage problem
Highway or road lining defect
Kerb defects
Path or footway defect
Pot hole or other road defect
Street furniture defect
Street lighting
Third party accident claim
Vegetation problems

– if you don’t want to report it online, you can phone 0845 603 7631.

It’s good to see the County Council responding quickly! We have added a link to this webpage in our left-hand sidebar under “Report a fault”.

Mabe some parish council websites could add the link as well?

About the author, admin

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}