Interested In Licensing?

Chris Black writes:

The District Council issues licenses for:

* the sale of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and late night refreshment;
* betting, gaming and lotteries;
* making charitable collections;
* carrying out motor salvage operations or scrap metal dealing;
* street trading (including use of pavements) and for sex establishments.
* acupuncture, tattooing, semi-permanent skin colouring, cosmetic piercing and electrolysis
* operating animal boarding establishments, pet shops, riding establishments and zoos;
* for dog breeding and keeping dangerous wild animals

If you are interested in licensing issues, you can find out a bit more on this council page here.

If you wish to make a complaint about licensed premises, you can do it electronically, starting from this page here. The council website explains:

When you have found the premises, look for an application ending in ‘LAPRE’ as that is most likely to be the main licence number and click on ‘Click to view’ in the last column. The next page will have a field marked ‘Application enquiry’ at the top that, when clicked, opens an e-mail message form that is automatically addressed to the Licensing Unit.

Simply complete the message and send it to us. Please remember that because the e-mail is generated from our systems, it will not include the e-mail address of the person sending it – so please include your name, address, telephone number and email address so that we can contact you about your complaint.

In addition, whilst a complaint can be made anonymously, it may attract a lesser priority than one where we are able to communicate with the sender. Please be assured, any personal information given are subject to data protection.