Grappling With The New Council Tax Support System




As we have mentioned before, this year some people will have to pay some council tax when they didn’t have to pay before. It does NOT apply to people of pension age. You can find out more on the District Council website here.

At the moment the council has arranged home visits to those affected. The visits will entail a representative (working for a company called Hambury Tilmond) presenting residents with a letter urging them to seek help and advice with financial planning. They will be carrying clear identification indicating they are acting on the council’s behalf.

Residents can seek advice via the council, or via the Citizens Advice Bureau (on 0844 477 0808)

About the author, admin

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}