Last night was the annual council at Rochford District Council.
- The Tory group has once again chosen Simon Wootten to lead them, and so he is still Leader of the Council. Cheryl Roe is still deputy leader.
- Simon Wootten has picked his seven-member cabinet for this year – and it no longer has a finance portfolio, now that Simon Smith has lost his seat after this year’s elections
- Mike Steptoe is now Chairman of the Council, (he doesn’t know what charity he will be raising money for yet!?) with Jo McPherson as Vice Chair
- The Tories pretty much hogged everything for themselves except the Chair of Licencing and vice-chair of standards that went to the ‘Independent’ group, Mike Wilkinson. Stuart Wilson (Green) is Chair of Review.
- Michael Hoy made a point of speaking about how the Council no longer works together as some of the past leaders promoted. We think It’s a reflection of the modern-day ‘nasty party’ that the Tories are!