In our last Focus news was included about the Highways Department agreeing to extend the double yellow lines at the top of Brooklyn Drive. This was to:
1. enable residents in the flats to gain easier access from their designated parking area
2. to give a larger turning space for coaches/ buses and lorries delivering to Downhall School
3. to allow easier entry for emergency vehicles
Some residents have asked us whether this cannot be extended to make one side of Brooklyn Drive into a no parking side. This would almost certainly be the even numbered side down to the lay-bys close to the school. The advantages of this would be
1. easier access and exit for residents from driveways
2. residents not having people knocking on their doors to ask about car ownership and moving cars
3. emergency vehicles having a clear route to the bottom of the road. Last year an ambulance could not do this due to double parking. Could a fire engine reach the school?
4. A safer street for parents and children en route to the school.
We would like your views on this matter. Would you support or oppose such an idea? Please contact us so that we can either forget the idea or campaign for it on your behalf.