All 5 planning applications that came to the District Council tonight were refused:
– Wind Turbine in Hockley – refused mainly on visual amenity grounds
– Golf Course Rebuilding in Hullbridge Road – refused almost unanimously. Cllr Lesley Butcher from Hullbridge moved the refusal. Officers proposed leaving out the reason regarding residents amenity – Chris Black insisted it went back in again.
– Flats in Weir Gardens, Rayleigh – refused
– Asda application for earlier delivery hours, Rawreth Lane – refused without the need for a debate.
– Makro application for wider opening hours, Rawreth Lane – refused without the need for a debate.
Incidentally, it was good to see Rawreth and Hullbridge Parish Councillors sitting in the public gallery keeping an eye on things!